It is very important that you find a Celebrant who will listen to your needs and assist you in creating your special day, since we at White Swan Celebrations believe that each couple is unique.
No doubt your wedding day is the most precious day in your life, choosing the right Civil Celebrant that you can trust and feel comfortable with is essential for you.
Preparations and Rules:
- Both the bride and groom need to be aged 18 years or over.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be completed and lodged with your Civil Celebrant no less than one month prior to your Wedding day.
- The Civil Celebrant must also sight your full Australian Birth Certificates (original) prior to your marriage ceremony. If you weren’t born in Australia, a foreign birth certificate ( must be officially translated into English), or a valid overseas Passport issued from the Government authority of the Country you were born in is an acceptable form of ID.
- If either party has been previously been married, a Certificate of Decree Absolut (if divorced) must also be produced. If the spouse is deceased, a full Death Certificate is required.( all certificates if in another language must be officially translated into English by an authorised interpreter or translator service)
- Two witnesses over the age of 18 years must be present at your marriage ceremony.
After completing all the necessary documentation, preparation for the Big Day starts. Selecting the location is one of the most important issues as the location is a great part of all ceremonies.
A marriage ceremony can take place anywhere in Australia. In NSW there are countless stunning places you can select from.
After doing all that, it is critical to make your booking for the location as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.
After all that is done, then it is preferable to set a day to meet with the couple and discuss in detail the readings or any alternatives that you would like to include in your ceremony. We can then adjust your ceremony, ensuring that it compliments you as a couple.
We always recommend a rehearsal, as this gives you, the couple and myself as your Civil Celebrant the opportunity to talk and walk through your special day and will hopefully ease any nerves that you may be feeling and put you at ease.
Also providing you with a copy of your ceremony of your special day and a beautifully presented Certificate of Marriage.
The Big Day:
I will be at the Wedding Location early to set up and liaise with other service professionals:
videographer , musicians, photographer and the function organizer if you choose not to use our management services.
After taking care of all the essential parts and make sure all is set and ready to start, the ceremony will be announced and I will guide you through the ceremony and pronounce you as husband and wife and witness the signing of the papers .
Present to you The Certificate of Marriage and formally introduce you as a Husband and Wife .
Booking for your wedding day:
If you set the day of your wedding , please contact me to see if I am available.
It is best to contact your civil celebrant as soon as you set up the wedding day. Check the Contact page for my contact details, I will be happy to answer any of your questions.